Museum of Brisbane’s Artist-in-Residence program invites visual artists, designers, poets, writers, curators, musicians and performers to collaborate and respond to our dynamic exhibitions, programs, and collection. The Museum’s goal is to support creatives and allow visitors to observe and engage with various creative processes.
The objectives of the Artist-in-Residence program are to:
- Support the development of creative practice
- Recognise the value artists and creative practitioners bring to our community
- Facilitate the growth and exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Inspire dialogue between creatives and members of the community, provoking conversations and challenging perspectives about the Museum, the city, its history, community and environment
- Re-interpret the collection and re-imagine the Museum environment, providing new opportunities for artistic research and audience engagement
- Give members of the public a unique insight into the creative process, by providing the opportunity to see the work unfold first-hand and speak directly with creatives.
The residency provides artists with the opportunity to:
- Present their work in a museum context and to a large and culturally diverse audience
- Research, interpret and engage with Museum of Brisbane and the local community
- Access museum resources and facilities and collaborate with our team to deliver exhibitions and programs.
The Artist-in-Residence Program is supported by Tim Fairfax AC.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A brief description of your practice and residency proposal
- Examples of work
Only successful applicants will be notified.