Add a splash of tropical flair to your home by creating your very own Pineapple Plushie using our easy, free, downloadable pattern perfect for sewing beginners.
Iconic of tropical Queensland, the pineapple was frequently used by Brisbane design duo Easton Pearson as a source of inspiration in their patterns and prints.
Brisbane artist and long-time Easton Pearson collaborator, Stephen Mok, has created a playful pineapple design. Explore the Easton Pearson Archive online to find out more about Easton Pearson and their unique style.
You will need:
- This printable PDF
- 2 x A4 sized fabric or felt for the plushie base (cotton and flannel work well)
- A5 sized fabric or felt for the plushie motif
- Wadding or fabric scraps as filler
- Chalk or washable marker for marking design
- Scissors (fabric scissors if you have them)
- Wool or cotton thread for sewing
- Beads or sequins for embellishment (optional)
- Sewing needle or sewing machine
- Pins or glue