Museum of Brisbane Pty Ltd’s (“Museum of Brisbane”) privacy, copyright and disclaimer statements are designed to protect your rights and govern the use of information on this website.
Site visit data
This website makes a record of your visit, logging the following information for statistical purposes including your server’s address, the date and time of your visit to this site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded etc.
A cookie is a piece of information that an Internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site.
Parts of this website may store cookies on your browser in order to better serve you when you next visit the site. Cookies are optional for the user and your browser can be set either not to accept cookies or to prompt you to accept them or not case by case.
Museum of Brisbane’s privacy procedures have been developed with your rights and needs in mind.
Collecting your information
Museum of Brisbane holds your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and we will:
- tell you when and for what purpose we will be collecting the information;
- tell you what information is necessary to access Museum of Brisbane’s products and services, including payments and transactions;
- not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements to complete the requested transaction;
- take all reasonable steps to permanently remove personal identification from the information collected about you if it is no longer needed.
Using your information
When you provide Museum of Brisbane with your personal information we will:
- use the information to help you use Museum of Brisbane’s services;
- aggregate the data for analysis;
- remove personally identifiable characteristics, unless you have given us specific consent to recognise your usage on an individual basis.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons apply:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- the information is needed to conduct a transaction between you and that person or organisation;
- we are required by law to do so;
- there are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health;
- that person or organisation is providing a service to Museum of Brisbane and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles
Security of your information
When handling your information, Museum of Brisbane will:
- take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and securely stored
- monitor transmissions sent to or from Museum of Brisbane for quality control and systems administration
- strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access; however we cannot guarantee security
- operate secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your credit card information.